Friday, March 02, 2007

It Feels Like Spring!

This morning, we received over 2 inches of rain. Right now, I'm sitting here during my (late) lunch break; and it's sunny and 55 degrees. I hope this is a harbinger of thing to come!

If this keep up; it will be time to start packing the K1 in the car for portable operations from the car during lunch time again! It will be nice to get out in the sunshine and fresh air, fire up the radio and make some QRP CW contacts.

In the meantime, I have decided to send my K2 to a professional to get some work done on it. Right now, it is performing superbly; but I want it to be professionally "tweaked" and aligned. I haven't the time to do it myself. I'll be sending it out after the last 80 Meter Foxhunt.

I feel bad about not doing it myself; but between work, K of C commitments, taking care of my children when Mom's not home (working), taking the kids to their various activities (cheer, gymnastics, etc.) - it's just a bit too much to think about. I've been in touch with one of the Elecraft builders about it; and have found out that his rates are super reasonable.

My K2 is great now; and I expect it to be even better when it comes back.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment