Friday, December 28, 2007

So much for waiting !

OK, so the resolution was to get on for SKN and get back in the habit of getting on the air on a regular basis.

I guess I got so inspired by my own post that I didn't bother to wait. I went down to the basement and flicked on the K2. Both 40 and 80 Meters were beautiful! Not many stations heard; but the background noise was at a minimum. Even the weaker stations sounded pretty loud!

The RAC contest was in full swing and I decided to give it a try. "Just one contact" quickly became two; and then became three; and so on and so on ........

In a little while I had that satisfied feeling. My code speed doesn't seem to have suffered from my lay off from radio, my K2 and G5RV and HF9V vertical all seem to be working; and all seems to be right with the Ham Radio world.

You know, you get out of the habit of getting on the air and you miss out on just how much fun this all is. The magic is still there for me. In the blink of an eye, my radio waves are jumping out from my antenna, being heard and answers are being sent to me in mere seconds. It would take days to drive that far. How cool is all this !

The bug has bitten once again; and I am once more infected. It's a wonderful thing.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment