Friday, January 18, 2008

Vaya con Dios

It was a nasty way to start the morning, when I checked on the blog of Jeff Davis KE9V, "Long Delayed Echoes"; only to find out that Jeff has decided to shut it down.

LDE was the first blog that I ever really checked upon on a regular basis; and it was the inspiration for me to start this one up, some three years ago this coming April. I check on a lot of Ham Radio blogs during my travels upon the Internet; but for me, LDE was, is, and ever shall be the epitome of what an Amateur Radio blog should be.

Jeff is an outstanding wordsmith; and I found his blog to be the ideal mixture of topics technical, historical and Ham "human interest". LDE was never boring, never simplistic or patronistic; but yet never way over my head, either.

My thanks to Jeff Davis for sharing his Ham Radio life with us over the past few years. Your writing will be missed, Jeff; but yet, I can hardly wait for you to embark upon (as you put it) "the next big thing". Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be First Class!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment