Saturday, November 12, 2011

When thou

snoozeth, thou looseth.

I got home from work yesterday; and on the spur of the moment became bound and determined to send Steve KD1JV some funds for an ATS-4.  They went on sale yesterday morning at 11:11 AM.  By the time I got home, the run was sold out!  Actually, the spur of the moment thing came earlier in the morning; only to find that PayPal is blocked from our company's server.  I couldn't access it until I got home and by that time it was too late.  The bright side is that Steve said there may be another run issued the first week of December.  If so, I will bring my laptop and will make a run to the local McD's if I have to in order to get in on one.  My masochistic tendencies are obviously rearing their ugly heads again. SMT construction!

Today was yet another busy Saturday!  I rounded up 10 bags worth of leaves from the backyard this morning with the leaf blower.  Mother Nature did my front yard for me as we had a cold front come through yesterday with some gusty winds. No leaves!

My son Joey had his last rec-league soccer game today at Noon and his team won 4-0, finishing the season at 7-1.  There was an obligatory pizza fest at 2:00 PM at one of the local pizza places.

That left the grocery shopping left as the last chore for the day.  But before I went, I got on 20 Meters for a little bit and heard Ken WA8REI/P finishing up a QSO with VE1AB.  I tail ended the QSO and got on with Ken as I wanted him to know that he was booming into NJ at 589.  In all the times we have worked each other, I think that may be the loudest I have ever heard him.  Ken was cozied up in his motor home operating from a friend's cottage on a lake up there in Michigan.  It was great to work a fellow Polar Bear on the bands.  I only wish I had time to hunt for a few more.

Oh and yes, the grocery shopping got done; but the real buy there was an 18.5 pound turkey for nine bucks! Thanksgiving dinner, here we come.  I saw for the first time and was seriously tempted to buy - a tur-duc-hen.  For those of you who don't watch the food channels, this is a chicken stuffed inside a duck, which is in turn stuffed inside a turkey.  This poultry fest originated down in Louisiana, if I remember correctly and I would like to try it - just once!

The rest of the evening will be spent resting, once I finish putting away the last of the groceries.  Maybe I'll get back on to check the QRP watering holes for a bit.

I am hoping to get an hour or so tomorrow to run up to Washington Rock State Park tomorrow to activate it.  If I do, I will post to QRPSPOTS and will get some photos.  Nothing fancy, just the PFR3A and the Hamsticks this time.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Think of i tthis way Larry - instead of being out an ATS4, you're $247 toward a KX3...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told my wife about the tur-duc-hen. She thinks people in the US are getting crazy. We've been looking for it via google. It's the fattest meal ever made. Looks disgusting, sorry. But if you like to try for once. Go ahead, and don't forget to tell us how it tasted ;-) 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete