Friday, August 14, 2015

Programming Success!

Using the software from the Miklor website, as well as the drivers for the programming cable, I successfully programmed my Juentai JT-6188 VHF/UHF radio. Even though the software came on a mini - DVD with the cable, the Acer Aspire doesn't have an optical drive. This necessitated downloading the software and drivers.

Everything went as smooth as silk. The radio has 199 memory channels and I filled 45 of them. Looking at the instructions, it actually looks like manual programming shouldn't be too difficult, so I should be able to fill additional memory slots as needed, on the fly.

I hope to complete the install tomorrow, complete with a new dual band antenna. I actually broke the last one, if you can believe it. I backed into a chain link fence a few months back, and while I didn't dent or damage the Jeep, I did crunch my antenna.

Once everything is done, I'll post some photos.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP  - When you care to send the very least !

No comments:

Post a Comment