Friday, October 13, 2017

Rainy weekend

The forecast for today is cloudy, cool and damp. The forecast for the weekend is rainy. Not deluge type, hurricane rain; but enough to curtail any outdoor (leaf raking, lawn mowing) activity. So maybe, just maybe, I can get the certificates printed up for the 2017 NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.  Then, maybe I can get them posted during the next week.


I don't mean to pontificate or mount a "high horse" here, or do any self-back patting with what I am about to say, but if I may utter a few words with your kind indulgence. I know from various private e-mails that I receive, how maddening it can be to participate in a QRP Sprint and then get the results months down the road; or maybe never!  I know that for many of you, "the win" is not so much important as seeing where you stand in the crowd. This is how you evaluate your portable ops setups and antennas, especially for those of you who participate from year to year.

That's why it will always be a top priority for me to get the Skeeter Hunt Scoreboard out within a week, if not a few days, after the log submission deadline.  This year, I was fortunate enough to get the Soapbox out at the same time.  Last year, 2016, I slipped badly.  I got the Scoreboard out quickly, but sloughed off with regard to the Soapbox and certificates.

As long as I am able, that will never happen again.  The Scoreboard and Soapbox will always be timely, with the certificates following shortly thereafter.  You folks so graciously put your time (time is money!) and talent into participating. For that, I am eternally grateful. The least that I can do is to post the Scoreboard and Soapbox as quickly as I can, followed by the certificates - just another way that I can say "Thank You" to all of you.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment