Monday, March 11, 2019

G3RJV

During one of my last few Skype sessions with Bob W3BBO, he commented on how this blog has gotten depressing as of late., with all the SK notices.

Sorry to say that I have one more, and I would be very remiss if I didn't post it. One of the QRP Giants is no longer with us.  The Rev. George Dobbs G3RJV, Founder of G-QRP has passed away, early this morning.


I never met the good Reverend, or had the chance to speak with him and shake his hand. I've read many of his articles and it was obvious that here was a man "who knew his stuff".

This was the e-mail, posted to QRP-L by Ken Evans, Past President of QRP-ARCI. It was sent to him by Graham Firth G3MFJ:

"I’m sorry to have to tell you, but George Dobbs, G3RJV died early this morning. He was taken to hospital a few days ago with pneumonia, and an infection, but he didn’t respond to the antibiotics. He was 75. His wife JoAnna was with him when he died. He had suffered from dementia for some time, but was still taking as much interest in the running of the G-QRP Club until recently."

RIP, Reverend Dobbs.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:21 PM

    To Malmoud Elsayed
    Please take your pesticide services elswehere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I welcome ALL comments, unless they are obvious spam OR if they are in a foreign language that I have no luck translating. I'm not xenophobic, or against anyone who wants to post in their own language. Here's the BIG BUT - I need to know what the content is before I allow it here. It's as simple as that.

    To Malmoud Elsayed, as long as it's not spam, and is something I can translate, I will be happy to post your comments - but as the person responsible here, if I don't know what it is, it's going to be deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On behalf of Bill VE3XT who IS having trouble posting here:

    Thanks for the blog it's always my goto one every day. And yes over the last few weeks they have been depressing.

    I've met George several times at FDIM and he was always the perfect gentle man.

    To hear him say "solDer" always brought a chuckle to the room. His presentations were always a full house.


    Bill VE3XT

    ReplyDelete