Friday, July 26, 2019

FOBB this Sunday

Don't forget that the Flight of the Bumblebees is this Sunday!  I believe you still have time to sign up for a Bee number if you intend to operate from the field, so if that appeals to you, go for it!

I had originally intended to operate from Washington Rock State Park in Greenbrook, NJ for the event. It's one of my favorite portable ops sites. The trees are TALL and there are plenty of picnic tables. However, since last Monday, I've been battling a flare up of tendinitis in my right knee. I've actually been hobbling around with the help of a cane the last three days. Talk about "Ol' Man W2LJ"!

This morning, I awoke to marked improvement. It's gone from downright painful to almost "only annoying". With the pain so fresh in my memory, I don't think I want to risk my progress towards recovery. With that in mind, I'll probably just set up in the backyard, using my Jackite as a support for my PAR antenna.  So if you work W2LJ, I'll be sending '5W" instead of  "NR 13".  It's not quite in the spirit of the rules of FOBB to use a Bee number from your backyard.

So remember, when FOBB comes around - that means only three weeks until the Skeeter Hunt!

Hope to hear a lot of you on the air this Sunday!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment