Monday, November 13, 2023

Sunday

 QRP Image of the Day

My shack, as I haven't posted a photo in a while. I like this ratio so much that I have made it the blog's banner. Here's a more conventional one, more like your standard 4" X 6" print, back in the Dark Ages when we used film cameras.


I got on 10 Meters in the morning and saw that 5A8RD was spotted. I got excited because he was loud and I've never worked Libya before. I stuck with it and broke through the pileup only to learn it was Laci HA5RD, who I've worked several times.  He must have been having a little trouble with his dit paddle, because it wasn't just me,  he even popped up on the Cluster that way.  Oh well, I guess Libya will wait for another day. 

It was soup kitchen Sunday,  so no HF in the afternoon. We've gone from handing out bagged "to go" meals to setting up tables for inside dining, like pre-pandemic days. It's a bit more work and takes more time, but with the cold weather coming, it's worth it.

I did check into the St..Max Net on 75 Meter sideband after dinner.  Propagation was sooooo much better than last Sunday, when we had that flare or CME or whatever it was. I was able to hear everyone who checked in, very well.  That ended at 7:30 EST, and I wanted to participate in the 4 States QRP Group Second Sunday Sprint which begins at 8:00 EST, but you know how the story goes ...... you sit down for a few minutes and the next thing you know you wake up three hours later!

Last night was the coldest of the season, so far. It made it down to the mid 20s (-3C). This morning I'm so glad I bought that new Winter coat last weekend!

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Nice picture, Larry. What’s that globe between the HW8 and the wattmeter? Is it a snow globe or a DX assistant? Does DX Engineering sell them? If so, I’ll need one for my shack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a crystal globe. When the company I work for was moving buildings, I had to go through the old one (after the move) to pickup laptops and desktops and printers that were left behind for disposal / recycling. Someone had left that behind (didn't want it) on their desk and it was destined for the dumpster, so I rescued it and brought it home for the shack.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:14 PM

    Nice looking shack!

    73 de Jeff KE9V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a Lenovo T420s? I have a T420s, it was a real bargain bought used on that auction site. $300 I think. i7 16GB. What I like about the ThinkPad stuff is that the service data is all available, complete instructions to replace just about everything. 72, 73, and a QRO 74 from n1kdo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a T430 and is getting kind of long in the tooth. I have Windows 8, which is no longer supported. I'm tempted to go online to see if I can pick up a T470 somewhere.

      Delete