The 2026 Skeeter Hunt is over. I posted the Scoreboard yesterday.i think that now that it's over, that I might just start making more posts here. Call it part of my recovery process. As long as i can think of something not boring to write about, I will.
By the way, the link to the Skeeter Hunt Scoreboard appears on the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt tab above.
Now to explain the title of this post. From 1979 when I first got on the air, until about 2000, I was just another run-of-the-mill Amatuer Radio Operator. Most times I operated around 75 - 100 Watt1, even though I was always intrigued by QRP.
I got married in 1998 and Marianne and were fortunate enough to bring our son, Joseph, into this world in 2000. Cara came a year later in 2001.
My antennas always included some kind of wire where one end was anchored to the house. It's that way to the present day. However, that one anchored end is near their bedrooms.
It was about the same time that the cause du jour was RF Exposure. Not wanting to take even the mosr infantesimal.chance that my RF energy could have some long term effect on them, I decided to go 100% QRP. Yes, I do have a 100 Watt amplifier, but thar is reserved for new DX. It's more of a paperweight than anything else.
So that's my story as to how I became a QRPer 99% of the time. I hope to be bringing more new content soon.
72 de Larry W2LJ
RP - When you care to send the very least!
No comments:
Post a Comment