Tuesday, December 05, 2006

No radio for a bit .... for me!

I threw my back out at work yesterday. It went out on me pretty good, too! I can't remember being in that much pain in quite awhile! It's getting better; but I can tell it's going to take a week or more to come back to somewhere near normal. In the meantime, I think I'm going to stay out of the shack for the time being. That's the last thing the muscles in my lower back need right now - sitting in one position for an extended period of time in the basement, where it's cool and damp!

So while I didn't participate in the ARS Spartan Sprint last night; I see I had a lot of company. Reading comments on the various QRP reflectors, I saw this news tidbit:

MAJOR SOLAR FLARE: Earth-orbiting satellites detected a
powerful X-class solar
flare this morning, Dec. 5th, at 10:35
Universal Time. The source: big, new
sunspot 929, which is
emerging over the Sun's eastern limb. Because of the
sunspot's
position near the limb, this flare was not Earth-directed. Future

eruptions could be, however, because the Sun's spin is turning
the spot toward
Earth. Sunspot 929 will be visible for the next
two weeks as it glides across
the solar disk.

Please visit http://spaceweather.com for more information
and updates.


73 de Larry W2LJ

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    Larry: Sorry to hear about your back. Hope you are getting stronger each day and can be back on the air soon.
    73,
    Ned, W8VFM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you are down with your back Larry. Hope you get well soon!!

    73 de Jeff, KE9V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:19 AM

    Larry,

    Don't try and rush the back to heal. It takes time. Just be careful with what you do.

    Merry Christmas.

    73,

    Jeff
    K3OQ

    ReplyDelete