- Straight Key (3 votes) - 10.71% of the vote
- Bug (1 vote) - 3.57% of the vote
- Sideswiper/Cootie (2 votes) - 7.14% of the vote
- Iambic paddles w/ keyer (18 votes) - 64.29% of the vote
- Single lever paddle w/ keyer (4 votes) - 14.29% of the vote
- Touch key (0 votes)
- Keyboard (0 votes)
It was no surprise to me that the Iambic paddle/keyer combination took 1st place. I was surprised that using a bug only received one vote and that straight key usage only received 3 votes. I guess not many SKCC members visit my Website!
My personal vote was for the single lever paddle/keyer combo. I love using a straight key and or a bug; but using a single lever paddle with the keyer on my K2 would be my most favorite. Strangely, though, I no longer own a good single lever paddle. I use my Elecraft Hex Key which I have set up so that it most closely resembles a touch keyer. Go figure!
I have a touch paddle kit that I bought a few months ago that I want to construct and experiment with. I guess I should add that to my list of resolutions for 2007!
73 de Larry W2LJ