Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sigh!

As seen on the ARRL Website - the following survey:

ARRLWeb Survey

Are you or your club doing anything special to welcome new or upgraded hams after Morse code testing officially ends next Friday?

A> Yes, I'll be inviting hams to my station
B> My club is planning a "welcome" event
C> No

Has it come to this? Has it really come to this? I haven't seen the League this giddy about anything since the announcement of the WARC bands.

BTW - So far, the "No" choice leads with 83% of the vote as of this moment. Now before you all get your undies in a knot, that doesn't mean that 83% of the Hams responding are crusty old curmudgeons who are preparing for Doomsday. I think it's just a majority of existing Hams saying, "OK, it just got easier. If you want a license, go for it. If you don't, then don't". One thing for sure, though ..... there's no excuses now. Although I'm sure somebody will come up with a new one.

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment