Sunday, October 28, 2012

All over but for the waiting

I spent another three hours with my CERT Team today, filling and distributing sand bags to the citizens of South Plainfield who requested them.  I left an hour early as I came home to clean out the gutters, which had filled up with leaves (again).  Did I ever mention that I hate heights and I really, really hate ladders?  I fell off of one as a child, and have had an intense dislike of them ever since.  But you do what you have to do.


The garbage cans have been securely bungee corded to the fence.  All Halloween decorations have been brought in.  I also covered the grill and secured that in place with bungee cords.

All that's left now is waiting for the "show" to begin.

To all of you in Sandy's path, I wish you Godspeed and pray that you all will remain safe and directly out of harm's way.  May we all wake up on Wednesday, and by the Lord's grace, be able to say - "That wasn't so bad!".

I will post as I am able.  If you don't hear from me - no surprise - the power will have gone out.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!


No comments:

Post a Comment