Thursday, November 08, 2012

1 for 4

Not a good start for W2LJ in the inaugural week of the 2012/2013 Winter QRP Fox hunt season.  I only worked one of the four foxes - Jim K4AXF who was one of the 80 Meter Foxes tonight.  I was able to hear Ron KI0II in Colorado rather well for 80 Meters, but could not make myself heard to him.

The 40 Meter hunt on Tuesday night was a complete bust.  I never heard AA4XX at all, all night long.  I did hear Kevin W9CF in Arizona very weakly; but then W1AW code practice came on and that, as they say, was the end of that.

It's supposed to go up into the 50s to near 60 this weekend.  Maybe I will be able to build and hoist that W3EDP antenna, now that the hurricane and snowstorms have passed.   Maybe I can make the weekend "a twofer" as we say in the Fox hunt world - antenna in the air and leaves off the ground!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Larry, I was on the radio last evening and found the bands to be rather dead. I ended up answering more email than radio time. As for the weekend the temps are supposed to climb up this way as well. I have plans of getting out with the radio on Sunday. I wanted to enjoy what may be the last warm weekend for some time.
    Have a great weekend Larry.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete