Thursday, November 07, 2013

Sometimes life just kinda sucks

especially when you lose your dog, or your cat, or your goat.  This was re-posted by Alex K5UNY to the QRP Polar Bears e-mail reflector today:

"On 11/6/2013 2:31 PM, qrp.wg0at@... wrote:

It's with deep sorrow I have to make this announcement ..."Rooster" goat died suddenly last night of unknown causes ...his trail buddies will soon be scattering Rooster's ashes on many SOTA peaks throughout western NA.

The Boys --------Photo by Chuck/N6HUB

Farewell, Rooster! RIP ...we will really miss you but are so so grateful to have had you in our lives. ...Steve/Pam "

I couldn't see the picture taken by Chuck N6HUB, but here's one I found of "The Boys" on the Web:


Like a lot of you, I really enjoyed Steve's videos of his adventures with Rooster and Peanut.  It was obvious that they were special and were both loved and cared for very much.  I'm going to miss Rooster a lot, too. There's an almost indescribable numbness and emptiness that you feel deep in your heart when you lose an animal friend.  But as bad as the pain is, life is a whole lot better for the joy and happiness that we receive from our four legged friends while they are alive.  Or as Garth Brooks sang - "I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance."

RIP, Rooster, job well done!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. This is truly sad news.
    73 Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear the news and as a pet owner I can understand the hurt.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete