Sunday, January 26, 2014

Pondering

I am pondering the possibility of acquiring a single lever paddle, possibly the Bengali Simplex Mono, with the palladium base.

I have always been more comfortable with single lever paddles, and have always used any iambic paddles that I have owned that way. I am not a squeeze keyer.

The Sculpture Mono would be great, but the price tag is too hefty for my wallet. Any of you readers have a recommendation for a good single lever paddle other than Begali? Maybe there's a good one out there that I am not aware of?

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:07 AM

    The American Morse Bushwhacker is pretty good.
    http://www.americanmorse.com/bushwhacker.htm

    Also, the Sideswiper Net webpages feature some single lever paddles.
    http://www.sideswipernet.org/keys/slideshow.php

    Regards,
    Alan G0RWB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry, I haven't used a Begali Simplex Mono, but used to own a Begali Simplex Iambic. It is an outstanding key for the money. I have owned several Begali keys and currently have a Sculpture Iambic. You cannot go wrong. Honestly, they all operate verymuch the same, but the style, feel and form factor (and price!) varies. I would strongly recommend the Begali. Once you have used one, you will see why they are so well regarded. The workmanship and customer service is outstanding. Just my $.02. Good luck with your decision!

    George
    K2WO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike McShan1:13 PM

    I, too, am a single-lever guy; my sending took a big upswing when I abandoned iambic keying. I will say that I also like the Bushwhacker paddle. It's certainly not as high-end as a Begali but is solid as a rock and works well.

    73, Mike W5RST

    ReplyDelete