Wednesday, November 12, 2014

15 Meters was open

during lunchtime today.  I was able to have a nice conversation with Jim N0UR at the 15 Meter QRP watering hole. I was calling CQ and Jim answered, using his Flex 1500.  His signal was a very nice 579 and I got the same in return. Jim is an outstanding QRP and CW guy. When he is Fox in the QRP Fox Hunts, he wracks up totals that put the rest of us to shame. It was nice to be able to just have a normal conversation with him, for a change.

Then, down on 21.011 MHz, I heard FS/PA3EYC/P calling CQ from St. Martin. According to QRZ, Maarten is vacationing on the Dutch side of the island - Sint Maarten. He must have taken a trip to the French side - Saint Martin, as he was using the FS prefix and not the PJ7 prefix.  Now if that's not just a little confusing, I'm not sure what is!

Then I heard some of the CW Ops guys participating in their CWT mini-sprint. As a giver of points, I just couldn't resist, so I sent my membership number of 1005 to Marv N5AW and Ken K0EU.

Then it was back to the old grind. Thank God for these QRP breaks!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment