Monday, November 10, 2014

Interesting

This is what the little propagation box was telling me about band conditions today:


I would normally look at that and say to myself, "I guess not today!" And yet, during lunch, I had a modicum of success. I worked W1AW/7 in Washington State and W1AW/0 in Kansas, both on 15 Meters. And, as an added bonus, I went up to the QRP watering hole on 10 Meters and heard Tom EA8YV from the Canary Islands calling "CQ QRP". I answered him and was heard the first time for a 2X QRP QSO.  Tom was about a 539 and I got a 529 back.  And at least on my end, background noise was negligible, so copying Tom was very easy, despite the less than gargantuan signal.

So I guess beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, as my lunchtime QRP session was better than "Fair". At least for me it was. It just goes to show you - it always pays to throw that fishing line into the water, even if it is murky and you think there may be no fish to be had.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment