Tuesday, April 14, 2015

I think I've figured it out.

I haven't received an answer back from the moderator of the KX3 Yahoo Group as to why I am not allowed to post (It's been over 48 hours since I sent my e-mail).  But I think I've figured it out. It seems Yours Truly broke "da rulz". This is posted on the site, and admittedly, I did not pay it as much heed as I should have - particularly Rule #4:

"4) This is intended to be a place where we can collect and grow a body of information as it pertains to the KX3. Posting links to your "blog" or other site for the intent of driving traffic to it, is prohibited. Rather, you should post your information here for all to enjoy and have easy access for years to come. You can upload files, pictures etc. Aside from the Elecraft.com website, there is really no need for offsite information, lets amass it here. 

The above rules are required to keep this group functional and an enjoyable place for all of us to gather and share this great hobby of ours. Violators will be blocked from posting, repeat offenders will be banned from this group. This is a zero tolerance policy."

When I posted the NAQCC Sprint announcement, there was a link to the rules page and a link to the general NAQCC page.  Two no-nos on my part! And on top of that, it seems there is no hope for mercy or forgiveness. Oh my!




Any of you guys remember this character from Seinfeld?



If I can't post, it seems kind of crazy to keep getting e-mails from the group. I can't even respond to offer help or assistance - unless I respod to the poster directly. I'll have to seriously think over leaving the group.

Looking back on it, it all seems rather silly. The moderator of a group dedicated to one of the most popular QRP radios being miffed by an e-mail about one of the most popular monthly QRP Sprints. Crazy, right? A "glove and hand" fit, no? You'd think something like that would be welcome compared to some of the inane things that sometimes get discussed. Oh, well.

On the brighter side, 15 Meters during lunch was awesome today. I seemed to have the pipeline to Europe established.  Two QSOs with Germany and one with the Czech Republic. The first was with Klaus who was running DK65DARC, a Special Event station commemorating the anniversary of the DARC, I would assume.  The next was with Paul, DL6UEF.

The prize QSO was with Vasek OK2VWB. He answered my CQ up at the 15 Meter QRP Watering Hole and we had a delightful 2X QRP QSO.  Vasek was using an FT-817 at 5 Watts, feeding a two element Quad.  He was loud, 579 loud. And the antenna helped him on the receiving end as he came back to me with a 569 report. Not bad for 5 Watts to a Buddistick, eh?

Two rules of "conventional wisdom" regarding QRP broken at the same time. I love it when that happens!  You know the rules I'm talking about, right?

Rule #1 - QRPers should NEVER call CQ.
Rule #2 - QRP signals are ALWAYS weak.

There's lots more rules with regards to QRP and QRPers. I've read them so many times, I could probably recite 'em in my sleep. But you know what I say about the "QRP Rules"?


Carry on and have fun, QRPers! Seems like I've been breaking a lot of rules lately. Call me a rebel.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 AM

    Blocking links from posts in a forum is kind of silly - that's what the internet is - links to info on other pages... How else can we share relevant info without posting a link to it ??? It may be they are trying to prevent spam posts that link to places trying to sell you stuff or infect your device, all they have to do is ban anyone who posts a link like that or moderate every post to filter out the garbage..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run out from this group my friend, they have strange rules.
    I agree strongly with K. Hepbourn and your qrp rules.
    73

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Larry,

    I like the QRP rules. Don't follow them...stick to my own rules. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete