Monday, May 04, 2015

Tonight's the night

where I make my QRP presentation to the Tri County Amateur Radio Club. I was supposed to meet with the club president, Nelson KD2CYU for dinner before the meeting. The club treasurer, Paul KD2DRM, e-mailed me yesterday that Nelson had fallen off a ladder on Saturday and has been hospitalized and had undergone surgery. There was no further information than that, so I am assuming that Nelson will be OK, but if you would all keep him in your prayers and thoughts, that would be neat.

Anyway, we're skipping dinner. Time, distance and traffic had me a bit worried that I wasn't going to make it on time, anyway. So after work, I am going to head home for a quick hot dog or sandwich and then I will head on over to the meeting site.

I'm a lector at my parish and am used to getting up to read before large groups of people, so while doing something like this presentation is not foreign to me, I'm sure I'll still have some butterflies beforehand. I am giving a Powerpoint presentation that I came up with (first time I've ever actually authored one) and my accompanying "color commentary" will be pretty much ad-libbed, off the cuff remarks. But since I know a little something about the topic, I think I'll be OK doing that.

If the presentation goes over well, I will upload the Powerpoint to my Dropbox account. I'll post the link here in a future post and in the links section so anyone can view it, or use it for that matter. On the other hand, if it falls over like a lead balloon, we will never speak of this incident again.

Fingers-crossed (figuratively).

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment