Wednesday, July 08, 2015

You know that saying?

"Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good."

That sure describes me with the luck I've been having lately with customer service. First, it was Elecraft supplying the knobs I needed for my KX3 at no charge. The second stroke of great customer service came today (actually the other day), but I'll explain.

You may remember that I mentioned that I broke my 31' Jackite pole on Field Day, trying to free the W3EDP when it got caught up in a scrub pine during setup. I broke the very top section that supports the tip piece. Drew W2OU mentioned to me that replacement sections were available through the Jackite Website. I kind of knew that, in the back of my mind, but had forgotten. Drew jogged those bits and bytes in my gray matter, so I placed an order last week.

I got the customary affirming e-mail, informing me that my shipment would arrive on 8-12 days, as I had opted for the lowball, economy shipping. What can I say? I'm cheap AND on a budget here! Actually, if you count only business days, the shipping tube arrived on Monday, only about three days after I had placed the order.

I had a CERT meeting tonight, and after I got home, I decided to retrieve the Jackite from the back of the Jeep, where it lives, in order to install the replacement piece. Much to my surprise, not only did I receive the piece I ordered, but a new tip piece was also included. And, bonus, bonus, bonus, bonus, the new tip piece is longer than my original tip piece by about 6 inches! So my Jackite pole is not only in working condition again, but it's also about 1/2 foot longer than it used to be. Wow - great customer service from Jackite - faster shipping than expected and a free piece to boot.

Maybe I ought to go out and buy some lottery tickets!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment