Thursday, January 07, 2016

Today was not so decent

I went out at lunchtime again today.  This time, it looks like either my casting technique was the pits, or perhaps I used the wrong bait.  In any case, I got skunked. Twiddling the dial uncovered no exceptionally strong signals, and calling CQ was fruitless today.


I didn't hear any NPOTA stations, but according to DX Summit, there was one in the phone portion of the 20 Meter band.  To be honest with you, I don't bring the microphone along with me on these lunchtime QRP sessions.  I guess I should start. As it is, I bring along my Palm Micro paddles and one of my Christmas mini straight keys.  I guess I should pop the microphone into the bag, as it's looking like the majority of these NPOTA activations will be on SSB.

So far, I've worked 15 different NPOTA stations. LOTW shows that I have 9 confirmations, or a 60 percent confirmation rate, if you will. I was hoping that the confirmation rate would be higher than that. Not sure if it's just a case of some activators not sending in their logs to LOTW yet, or what.


My friend Dave KD2FSI might be heading up to Morristown to activate Morristown National Historical Park HP28 this weekend. Morristown National Historical Park commemorates the sites of General Washington and the Continental army’s winter encampment - Jockey Hollow - during the period from December 1779 to June 1780. It was here that they survived through what would be the coldest winter on record.


Maybe if I get some time this weekend, I can go watch or log for him for a while.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment