Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Conditions slightly better today

I heard more stations and more activity.

I worked N8BC who was at the James Garfield National Historical Site - NS39 on 40 Meters.  Then, hopping on over to 20 Meters, I may have worked Bob N4CD who was at Bryce Canyon National Park (which it turns out, I have worked before).  Bob was a very readable 559, but he gave me only a 229.  I'm not sure he got my call right. I think he was sending my call as W2DJ instead of LJ. QSB was bad - very bad. When Bob was in the clear, he was very copyable - which was most of the time.  The only time he became difficult to hear was when he was sending my call ........ of course.

The hitch about working NPOTA stations during lunch is that I don't have access to my NPOTA spreadsheet.  I suppose I could load it to my phone, but looking at spreadsheets on a cell phone is painful.

So, if I can hear them, I'll work them and take the chance that it's an ATNO.

Weather for this coming Field Day is looking very nice:


Sunny and warm/hot with pleasant overnight temperatures and NO chance of rain.  This will be a very welcome change from last year, which was soggy, chilly pneumonia generating weather. I'm still amazed that I didn't come down with something after last year's Field Day.

All we need is for the Sun to get on the ball, so that the solar weather will be as agreeable as the terrestrial weather!

If you're operating Field Day, listen for NJ2SP.  We'll be operating "3A NNJ" (actually 3A battery - so we'll be strictly QRP) from Spring Lake Park in South Plainfield, NJ.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment