Wednesday, June 22, 2016

So busy!

This time of year is always so busy!

Two weekends ago, our CERT Team was involved in helping out with crowd control and vehicle parking at a carnival in town. Last weekend was the Raritan Valley Radio Club hamfest; and Father's Day.  This coming weekend is Field Day. In between all of that, I'm trying to get that magnetic loop built (which really shouldn't take all that much time!), still do yard work and house work; and even get a few hours sleep in.

Last night I went to Home Depot to buy some PVC for a stand for the loop. I was hoping to use a mini-photographic tripod that I have, but after taking the center column out, I found out that the 1/2" PVC that I am using is just a tad too large. For less than $10, I bought all the PVC pipes, tees, elbows and couplers that I will need. Oh, and while I was there, I bought two citronella candles for this weekend. Gotta keep those mosquitoes at bay.

I am hoping against hope that NEXT weekend, which is a three day weekend due to Independence Day being that Monday, will afford me some time to get the loop built (in and amongst yard work and house cleaning).  For the "prototype", I am going to use one of my hamfest bought capacitors and a deli meat plastic box for the enclosure. Most of that is already built. If I get any kind of results, I will go on to making the "finished" model with the good RF Parts purchased capacitor and the 6:1 reduction planetary drive, and a nice box. Maybe a trip to Hobby Lobby?

I looked at my watch yesterday and it struck me that it's already the latter part of June.  Where has the time gone?  So much to do and so little time. I'll tell you one thing ...... Winter never seems to pass this quickly!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment