Monday, September 26, 2016

A word to the wise

I'm sure that many of you have heard about the data breach that occurred at Yahoo. A word to the wise. If you have a Yahoo account, sign in and change your password.

Yesterday,  I tried to check my email (I use the web based Yahoo email client) only to discover that my account was blocked. It appeared that someone was trying to access my email,  or change my password,  only to fail too many times at guessing the answers to my security questions.

With the help of Verizon,  I was able to change not only my password,  but also my security questions.  So that issue is taken care of. But before you get to the point that I reached, it would be best to be proactive if you have a Yahoo account.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Larry, when I heard the news, I changed my password. No problems so far. 73 Paul PC4T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updated, thanks for the reminder Larry.

    73 de Eddie , ZS6BNE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Larry, have to do that today. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  4. My data is kept on Hillary's server and is therefore safe and completely secure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Larry, for the reminder. I make it a practice to change my passwords at least once a week on all of my accounts. I find a pass word generator helps with this nagging task.'Makes you wonder what took Yahoo so long to let their subscribers know of the breach. Nothing is private anymore. Aloha, Russ Roberts, KH6JRM.

      Delete