Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Field Day - then and now

I don't mean this post to seem vain; or "all about W2LJ," but I was looking at Field Day pictures on my USB thumb drive and I was just kind of taken aback.

Field Day in the 80s and 90s with the Piscataway Amateur Radio Club:







Field Day with the South Plainfield Amateur Radio Club - current day:




Where'd the skinny guy with all that dark hair go?  Although you can't tell because of the SPARC hat, I've gone completely gray.  I've added on quite the few pounds and the last picture show why - W2LJ is not one to miss a meal! But in all fairness, I've lost about 15 pounds in the last few months in an effort to lose some of the excess weight. It's a start; but I still have a long way to go!
  
Some 20 - 30 years later, in my mind I still feel like the skinny guy with the dark hair. But now, joints hurt that never used to hurt before. I definitely can't move around as fast as I used to and I've lost so much flexibility that it's very frustrating at times.

It's at times like these that I fondly remember my Mom always telling me, "Larry .... don't get old." and my answer always was, "Can't do much about that, Ma!"

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment