Friday, March 06, 2020

Slow down in posts

You may notice a slow down in new posts on "QRP - When you care to send the very least!". There's a couple of things going on that have diverted my attention for the time being.

I have a situation at work. I am a contract employee. In fact, I'm a contractor to a contractor. The contracted company that contracted my company cancelled our contract. That's so confusing! I hope it makes sense, but that's what happened.


The good news is that the new contractor "supposedly" wants to keep us all in place. There was no issue with the employees, but with the contracted company itself. I have been tentatively contacted, sent a copy of my current resume and am waiting for a firm offer of continued employment.

This is what has my attention so absorbed lately. Our contract runs our at the end of the month - so I either get that new offer real soon or I have to start looking for a new job, really quickly.

In addition, the person I worked with (this is a two person position - we have to cover two buildings) took a similar position with another company after all this hub-bub started. So in addition to all this uncertainty, I am trying to fill two pairs of shoes - AND we're in the middle of a HUGE project!

So all this has me running a bit ragged. Last night was the 80 Meter Fox hunt. The Foxes were Dave N1IX in NH and Wayne N4FP in FL. Dave was loud - I was certain (probably a bad idea) as soon as I  heard him that I would make it into his log.

I did. Yay!

Wayne N4FP was another matter. His signal was fluctuating up and down. My guess was, that if I hung around long enough, that I would make it into his log. I just did not have the willpower to do that. I listened for a few minutes and then just hung it up for the night.

Normally, I wake up a few minutes before the alarm goes off. Lately, it's been waking me up. I really hope all this uncertainty and confusion works itself out in quick order.  Until then, my attention will probably be diverted from radio for a little bit.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

4 comments:

  1. All the best during this stressful time Larry.
    73,
    Mike
    VE9KK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. Don't panic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you during this uneasy time and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I'm confident all will work out well, but know how stressful things like this can be. All the best...

    73,

    George
    K2WO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how that feels, and not only once in a lifetime.

    Chin up, keep calm and carry on... 73 de John MW1CFN

    ReplyDelete