Monday, September 18, 2023

Speaking of Caveat Emptor ...

 I need to heed my own advice!

I finally got the chance to open and install that KX3 SideKX set that I purchased on eBay. I think I mentioned they were being sold by an SK's daughter, dispersing her father's Amateur Radio gear.

I opened the package and the cover looked to be in mint condition. I'm pretty certain that if it was used, the original op's KX3 never really traveled much of anywhere.

The side panels that were included were the original "earless" KX3 side panels! The SideKX panels must still be on the radio.

Oh, well ....I'm sure that to the op's daughter it was a matter of apples and oranges. Like the old Olympus camera commercial from the 80's, "She couldn't tell an f-stop from a bus stop!"

The cover slides on easily and it WAS only purchased for dust protection, so no harm, no foul .....and I did end up saving $4 from the price of a brandy-new one.

Caveat emptor, W2LJ ..... caveat emptor!

Cleaned up and now covered!

So here's a tip from W2LJ ...if you're buying the SideKX cover for dust protection only, and your radio will never leave the shack ....you really need only the cover, which you can purchase by itself.

On a different subject, I took a bit of a break from the long list of chores on Saturday to give some points out for QRP Afield. Where was everyone? It was about the middle of contest time and all I heard were a few POTA stations. Not a single QRP Afielder was heard at my QTH.

72 de Larry W2LJ 

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment