Monday, February 26, 2024

On the air

I was able to get on the air sporadically, yesterday.

For a few hours at a time, over the course of a couple casual sessions, I was able to work over a dozen POTA stations, most who were located in North Carolina.  The North Carolina QSO Party was going on and these ops were "double dipping", as it were.

I also worked AO100RADIO in Spain, a special call sign commemorating 100 years of Amateur Radio in Spain.

The reason for a couple casual sessions was that it was 59F in the basement yesterday. I needed to come upstairs to get warm. I really need to get a space heater for down there. It will make sitting behind the rig much more enjoyable.

Boy, back in the day, when I was growing up in my parents' house, we had an old coal fired furnace that was converted to oil. That system was steam heat and the boiler in the basement kept the basement quite comfortable in the winter months. Inefficient as all heck, probably, but quite comfortable! These gas fired forced hot air systems don't do that! It's like a root cellar down there.

72 de Larry W2LJ

QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment