Friday, April 05, 2024

Earthquake!

Rare second post for the day.



Lebanon, NJ, which was the epicenter, is just a mile or two down the road from work. New Jersey has experienced Earthquakes before, but they were mild. When I lived in East Brunswick, I lived on a road what saw a lot of truck traffic, so when we had Earthquakes, I thought it was just another 18 Wheeler going down our street.

This definitely got my attention! 

Quite an experience! The room started shaking at about 10:22 AM. I could actually hear the rumble - and I NEVER hear any outside noise in this storage room that they call my office. Some small lightweight objects on my desk fell over, but that was about it. The shaking lasted probably about 20 - 30 seconds or so. I highly doubt there was any major damage inside or to the building itself.

It sure gave everyone here at work a good scare!

But now I can say "I survived the great New Jersey Earthquake of 2024!" (Meanwhile folks in California are probably saying "Hold my beer!") And Monday has in store a near total solar eclipse? 

Signs of the times?



72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to say the very least!

1 comment:

  1. The interesting thing about those who've lived in California for enough time, is that, while their less experienced coworkers are rushing around looking for a desk to dive under, they instead speculate and discuss direction and magnitude of the quake. Opinions are often firm and sometimes even accurate.

    ReplyDelete