Saturday, October 30, 2010

Human again

The Zombie Shuffle is over and I leave the ranks of the "undead" and become human once again.

Going to sleep last night, slightly disappointed with the outcome, I had a chance to read other participant's comments this morning.  I don't know about any of you out there; but when I have a poor experience with a radio event, I always assume that it was something that I did wrong; or perhaps my equipment.  I don't know why; but I guess I tend to blame myself, first.  Also, I had a pretty crappy work week; and had my mind's eye focused on the Shuffle as a fun but relaxing way to turn that around

There was some solace to be had from seeing that other folks had the same results that I got.  Band conditions were indeed poor; and Hank N8XX claimed that some of the MI QRP guys noted significant aurora in the higher latitude Michigan skies last night. 

There were also a few reports from guys who had great success with upwards of 40 contacts or so.  To them, I say "Congratulations - good job!".  But it's also comforting to know that there are guys out there, like me, who also feel that they pretty much got skunked.

As my friend Bob W3BBO constantly reminds me ...... "location, location, location!"  Guess I didn't have a good one last night.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment