Monday, December 27, 2010

Final snow update



When I went out to shovel this morning; before heading off to work - (yes, to work), another 14 inches had fallen since I finished last night.  So we had a grand total of 28 inches of snow here in South Plainfield.  Roads were anywhere from clear to atrocious.  The plows didn't even touch my street until around 9:00 this morning, while I was working on the driveway and the walkway to the front door.

Surprisingly, near work, which is 20 miles further inland, the snowfall was approximately half or a little less than we got here.  This truly was a coastal storm - the farther inland you were, the less you got.  I heard on the VHF/UHF in the car that some sections of Southern New Jersey, particularly those close to the shore got really walloped, with some areas receiving close to three feet.

Hopefully, this will be THE big storm for the winter and that all the rest will be minor compared to this.  If you can believe it, AccuWeather is forecasting highs on the low 50s this coming Saturday.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:56 PM

    I'm envious. We only received two inches here in Eastern PA. I love the snow and would have taken two feet of it!

    73
    Goody
    K3NG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Larry we have been spared so far of really any snow. I know that just south of us they had 1.5 meters. It sure is nice to look at but as for working in it (I work outdoors) and driving in it not so much fun.

    ReplyDelete