Friday, December 17, 2010

A sign of the Season



The above happened at the Nordstrom's in Seattle, Washington a few days ago.  It's entirely appropriate given the Season.  A bit tired of the PC thing, I make sure to wish all my friends and acquaintances "Merry Christmas.  That IS the holiday, after all.

Thinking that someone may be offended by "Merry Christmas" is a bit foolish in my book.  If someone were to come up to me and wish me a Happy Hanukkah, or a Happy Diwali, or a Happy Kwanzaa - I would not be slighted in the least.  In fact, I would turn around and wish them the same!  I doubt that anyone is really THAT sensitive to be offended upon hearing "Merry Christmas".  I think that I would really dislike if anyone felt that they had to tiptoe around me worrying that I'd be offended by everything that they say.

If I was having a bad day, should I be offended by a "Good Morning"?  Should I get teed off by a "Good Night" after an exceptionally bad commute home from work?  Again, I think it's more foolishness and false caring.  Better to worry about the big things than the small ones.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:05 PM

    That's a great video clip. As far as people being offended by my saying "Merry Christmas" is concerned... People who are offended by that are people who are just looking for something to be offended about. If you don't celebrate Christmas for whatever reason, that's no reason to be offended by being wished a merry Christmas. A reasonable person who doesn't celebrate Christmas will simply take it the same as someone wishing them a good day, weekend, or whatever. If you're so unreasonable as to be offended by that, you deserve to be offended and I feel sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:01 PM

    In recent years I've heard a lot of people talking about people being offended by "Merry Christmas" greetings, but I have yet to hear anyone being offended by a "Merry Christmas" greeting. I sure wish people would stop this passive-aggressive stuff during the holidays and just celebrate their respective holidays.

    73 and Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid, Festivus....
    Goody
    K3NG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Its the Christ part in reference to Jesus Christ. God grants all men a conscience to know wrong and right, and that points back to God who came in the flesh, born of a woman, the real meaning for the season. The man Jesus Christ, who came to teach us about our creator, satisfy God's justice, and make a way for mankind to be reconciled with God, adopted into the family, and have eternal life. For some Jesus Christ is a painful reminder of their spiritual condition and the fact that they are perishing. Yet they still refuse to take the free gift of God's grace and believe, the one thing in this life that actually satisfies.

    Merry Christmas,
    Jason - N6WBL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Larry, a very nice video. So many people gathered singing Hallelujah, wonderful! I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 73 Paul

    ReplyDelete