Monday, December 13, 2010

Recent QSLs

I have received a couple of QSL cards within the last week (actually received one today) that are noteworthy, to me at least, anyway.

When I got home from work today, I received an SWL QSL from K6JSS for the QRP-ARCI sponsored flight if iHAB-2 back in October.  It's an impressive card with a picture taken by the on-board camera that must have been at close or near to maximum altitude, I would imagine.  The back of the card features all the "specs' of the flight.  Not bad for merely e-mailing in a listening report.  I am sure there were a few of us who probably thought, "Yeah, right" when it was mentioned back in October that SWL reports would garner a special QSL card.  QRP-ARCI came through; and with a pretty darned nice card at that!

The second two cards of note, which I received last week, were from W8BI, the official call for the Dayton Amateur Radio Association.  I had worked their club call in a couple of QRP contest just about a year ago.  It was nice to get QSLs from them and I will do my due diligence and will return the favor.  This card is also very nice with a full color shot of the building where they have their station surrounded by four impressive looking towers.  No wonder I got 599 reports!  With the aluminum that they have up in the air, I could have been transmitting into a rubber band and I still would have probably gotten at least a  559.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. A picture of the cards shure would be interesting ! 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete