Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Some Stateside success

All right!

I got to keep the K6JSS effort going by successfully working K6JSS/1 out of Rhode Island tonight.  For those who actively work towards their WAS awards, working Rhode Island is almost as good a prize as East Kiribati!  It's not often you hear "Lil' Rhody" on the air; so it was a treat to work the steady fist of Randy K8FZJ to get RI in the log.

Randy posted on QRPSPOTS that he was on 40 Meters and I was listening for him.  I heard Dan KB6NU working him. Dan just about blew my eardrums out with this 599+ signal, but nothing was heard of Randy.

When Randy later posted on QRPSPOTS that he was going to be on 80 Meters for a bit, I bounded down to the basement faster than Santa's reindeer.  And it was Christmas in October as I worked Randy on the first shot - and yes, I did remember to turn the power back down to 5 Watts - thank you very much.

T32C and Rhode Island in one night - two rare ones (one close, one not) in one evening.  I love this Ham Radio stuff!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment