Friday, September 21, 2012

2012 NJQRP Skeeter Hunt Results

Are in!  Well, partly that is!

I have yet to post the Soapbox pictures and comments - that WILL be completed by the end of the weekend, God willing and the creek don't rise.  But for a spreadsheet of the scores, you can visit - http://www.qsl.net/w2lj/index%20page%203

123 of you signed up for Skeeter numbers and there were a number of non-Skeeter participants (how many exactly, is known only to God). 45 logs were received, so I am going to very roughly guesstimate and hope that was maybe a 25% log submission rate.  Not bad for our first year, I guess!

The Top 10 Finishers

KXØR - 11984 points
NØSS - 5840 points
NK9G - 5520 points
K9DXA - 5016 points
W4QO - 3760 points
W2LJ - 3672 points
WGØAT - 3268 points
K4UPG - 2320 points
AF40 - 2025 points
AD4S - 2016 points

But in my book, all who participated were #1 Finishers.

Special kudos to NØSS, NE5DL,K4UPG, and ACØXR who fashioned homebrewed keys just for the Skeeter hunt.

I had a blast putting this together, operating in it and now tallying up the results.  A very, very special "Thank You" goes out to the NJQRP Club, especially George N2APB and Joe N2CX for lending "Big Name" sponsorship for this event.

I will announce on this venue when the Soapbox page is done - I hope that will be by Sunday evening.  And yes, Virginia, this year's Skeeter Hunt was enough of a success where there will be a 2013 version.  Any suggestions you might have towards improving the event will be entertained - please send me a private e-mail.  I am considering opening up a SSB category next year to encourage those who feel that CW is not their thing.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the results and I am very happy with my placing in the event. If you do an SSB event as well as a CW I will be able to give my incoming KX3 a workout in both. Thanks again for the time you put into this Larry.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete