Saturday, September 29, 2012

Android

I am making this brief post on a very inexpensive Android tablet that I purchased through eBay.  Not the ideal way to do this, but fun in any case.

I was amazed on finding so many Amateur Radio apps in the Google  Play Store.

I have a few installed, including Ham Log. It will be interesting to see if this tablet can be used as an effective portable ops logging device.  Reminds me of the time that I used to use a Palm Pilot for that purpose.

One concern would be that the battery life on this thing isn't all that great.  It will be fun to experiment, though.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP- When you care to send the very least!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:10 AM

    Congrats on your new toy. I got an Acer A500 for Christmas. Keep us posted... I would like to use it for similar purposes.
    Kelly - WB0WQS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry I have access to an iPad so keep us posted as to the ham apps you come across. I can check to see if they are Mac friendly.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Larry,

    I too purchased a small tablet recently. I'm surprised that I can do anything with this device; that can be done on my home computer. They're remarkable!

    ReplyDelete