Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Inspiration

In my links section, I have a link to W6AQ, Dave Bell's e-book, "Worlds Best Hobby".  I've mentioned the book on the blog here, before. I'd like to make a couple of points about it.

The first is that it is a WIP - a work in progress.  If you haven't visited the site in a while, you might find that Dave has added a few more chapters since you last aimed your browser his way.

That happened to me. As I read the last two "new" chapters, I became intrigued with Dave's first ARRL Film, "The Ham's Wide World". Produced in the '60s, this would have been EXACTLY the kind of film that would have started me on the journey towards my ticket. 

I'm so sorry that I never saw this film when it first came out, when I was 11 years old.  If I had, I am sure that I would now be closer towards my 45th anniversary as a Ham instead of closing in on my 35th, as I am now.

I found the movie on YouTube and am posting it here.  Event though the equipment is old and outdated, I still gleaned an eternal and timeless spark of enthusiasm and excitement while watching it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope you will enjoy the nostalgia also.


72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment