Thursday, February 07, 2013

FYBO 2012

The "Freeze Your Buns Off" contest was held last Saturday.  And no, I did not get a chance to operate.  Well, actually I did try. I went out at about 3:00 PM local time and set up the portable station in the back of the Jeep in the driveway.  KX3 to Buddistick mounted on the magmount of the car, 7 Ah SLA battery that had been charged via solar panel.

I turned on the KX3 only to find 20 Meters had S9 noise all across the band.  That, and the fact that it was 30F with a wind chill caused me to just say "Nuts!" and forget about it for 2013.

So, instead I live vicariously through K6BBQ:



Thanks, Rem!

Oh, and by the way ....... they say it's a sign of good mental health when you can laugh and joke about yourself.  Take a gander at this (fake) news story about QRPers from The NoiseBlankers Website. Hopefully, it will make you smile - just a little bit!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment