Monday, April 28, 2014

Exceptional Service

Last Wednesday evening, just before turning in for the night, I placed an order with Amateur Radio Supplies for some antenna rope and wire. I placed an order for 150 feet of 14 gauge jacketed Flexweave and 200 feet of Dacron rope.

The next morning, I had an order confirmation in my inbox and by the end of the day on Thursday, I had received a "your order has shipped" e-mail. To be honest, my initial thought was, "Yeah, right!".

Much to my surprise, the rope and wire arrived on Saturday via FedEx Home Delivery. Wow! I have to say that Amateur Radio Supplies made a believer of this sceptic. I certainly was not expecting such fast service, but was very happy to receive it.

This weekend is QRP To The Field. The weather for Saturday is looking "iffy" right now - partly sunny/cloudy with a 25 percent chance of showers in the afternoon. I will probably operate from the backyard and will have my son help me cut a few radiators to try out the 9:1 EARCHI UNUN a little bit more.

In order to prepare, I did the first lawn mowing of the season tonight after dinner. The front yard needs some work (re-seeding), but the back yard is in decent shape.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Larry,
    THat is pretty awesome. I have the same experiences with DX Engineering. I get stuff fast to Hawaii from them. It is very cool. I will also be doing the QRPTTF from a Rosetta in Wahiawa. I hope to work you.
    Edward
    WH7TT

    ReplyDelete