Thursday, April 24, 2014

More on Log4OM

Ok. I got the eQSL and LotW procedures figured out and running. The only minor bug is the distance thing. Even though I have the "Show distances in miles" box checked off on the settings page, the distances are still being shown as kilometers. Not a deal breaker, but something I would like to resolve. I posted an update to my query on the Log4OM forum. We'll see what kind of answers I get, if any.

Other than that, I am very pleased with the software. It is running very smoothly. Everything I need is displayed on one screen, which I like - very much. Actually using the program to record QSOs is very easy and straightforward. Log4OM is missing a few of the bells and whistles that HRD has, but for $00.00, I can live with it.

I was testing the rig control feature out and saw JT1AA/3 spotted. I clicked on the call and the KX3 actually jumped bands to get to the proper 17 Meter frequency. I threw my call out after listening for a few minutes and was actually heard after my first try! Not a new DXCC entity for me, but a new country for 17 Meters for me. And that's good enough for tonight.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Larry,

    never heard of that program before. I looked at it and found it worth a try, but ...
    nearly everything of the dependencies is available on Linux, but it is only for Windows.
    A pitty!

    I compiled nearly every ham related software on little embedded Linux-machines for under 100 $, so I wanted to stay with them..

    Anyway, thanks for the hint.
    72 de Hajo

    ReplyDelete