Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Random thoughts

Some random thoughts this morning - my mind's a jumble:

1) What would morning be like without coffee? I'm thinking a gray, fuzzy catastrophe.

2) Guess I placed about normal for me in the 2018 Peanut Power Sprint - 5th place for my category. Look at that wide gulf in points between 5th and 1st. Not even close, by a long shot.


3) Doesn't W3BBO do beautiful work? Whether it's a kit, a home brewed project from scratch; or a new work bench for the Hamshack - Bob does it well. If I had a 10th of his talent ..........


4) Here's another Ham who does beautiful work - art work - Jeff K1NSS. He has made available a new "CW - A1 - Forever" mug. Available at Dashtoons


5) I can't wait for the midterm elections to be over, here in the USA. You simply CANNOT watch a TV program without some kind of political commercial. Hey ........ politicians .......... I think your commercials aren't going to change anyone's mind at this late date.

6) The weather has been so up and down here in Central NJ this Autumn. Past few weeks have been on the chilly side. For Hallowe'en tomorrow, it's supposed to be in the low 70s. Indian Summer? Are we even allowed to use that term anymore?

7) Daylight Savings Time ends this weekend. That means darkness will arrive somewhere around 5:30 PM local starting next week. Sad ...... so very, very sad.

8) My friend Dave KD2FSI posted on Facebook that he worked a bunch of ATNOs in the CQWW SSB Contest last weekend. His excitement was palpable. The next best thing to working a new one yourself is getting to enjoy a good friend work one.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment