Wednesday, October 31, 2018

W0OT !!!

I got 'em! I got W0O on 10.1067 MHz tonight. I thought that by the time I got home from work and then made dinner, it might be too late.


After dinner, I turned on the KX3 and the computer. Turning on Reverse Beacon Network, I saw they were spotted on 30 Meters, but close to an hour earlier. I decided to give them a try, anyway.

Tuning to the spotted frequency, all I heard was noise. "Drat!", I thought I was too late. But before I turned the radio off, I decided to switch from the W3EDP to the HF9V. And surer than heck, there they were!

As they were finishing up their QSO with someone else, I waited until they were done. I threw out my call as soon as they were done and got them first shot.

Igor gave me a 559, and I gave him the same. We finished up and Igor went onto another op. For good measure, I spotted them on the Cluster as well as QRPSPOTS.  I'm not eating candy, so this was my Hallowe'en treat.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment