Tuesday, January 07, 2020

That was fun!

Last night was the monthly Adventure Radio Society Spartan Sprint, and as I had promised myself, I got on the air for it. I only stayed on for the first half hour of the two hour long event. It was a long day at work, and as I am not a Spring chicken anymore, I was tired.

I did work four stations however, K4BAI on both 40 and 80 Meters, and KF0N, W5QLF and K3RLL all on 40 Meters. It was good to work Don K3RLL, as it's been a long time and he had a very good signal from his winter residence in Florida.

I was surprised at 80 Meters. It was QRN free last night. For the past few weeks I have been plagued during the Thursday night Fox hunts with an S7-S9 buzz saw kind of noise, right around 3.564 MHz. It was not there last night. Maybe because most of the neighborhood outdoor Christmas decor has been put away?  I'm not sure what was causing the racket, but I hope it stays away for good!

This evening is the 40 Meter QRP Fox hunt, which I hope to participate in. I have a meeting at 7:00 PM and then at 8:00 PM starts the Jeopardy "All Time Greatest" Championship. I'd really like to see that. It runs for an hour and will be over at the start of Fox hunt time. Jeopardy is one of the few TV shows that I like to follow. Most of the time, if I watch TV at all, I'll catch a rerun of such shows as M*A*S*H, Gunsmoke, Rawhide, The Rifleman or JAG.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment