Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Got the full screen now


The remote came yesterday and with only two or three button pushes, I now have Ham Clock filling up the screen without bleeding over the edges.. And now, when I exit full screen mode, all the buttons are visible that I need to click on to make changes, if I so desire. I'd like to customize a few of those tiles and I'll look into that more. I have a feeling that YouTube will end up being my best friend. (Yes! YouTube WAS my best friend and the process is way simpler than I imagined it to be!)

Please excuse the crappy camera angle. I must have been holding it in such a way that it looks like everything on the right side is going uphill. That's not the case in real life.

I forced myself to stay up to participate in the 40 Meter Fox Hunt last night. The lower Fox was Wayne N4FP, in Florida, and he was found after some dial twiddling. At the beginning of the Hunt, he was barely audible, but with time, his signal came up nicely and I was able to give him a 579 report at 0239 UTC.

The upper Fox was Tom KV2X who is located in New York. The band was long and I never heard a peep from him. I am assuming that he was probably somewhere around 7.045 MHz, which is the middle of the 40 Meter Upper woods. Let me check RBN .......... - OK, he WAS at 7.0445 MHz last night, so my guess wasn't off by much. 

In any event, he was inaudible and there was some kind of station situated there who was 20 over 9 and was handing out RSTs from Colorado. I didn't catch his call and I'm wondering if perhaps it was a POTA station. Or maybe it was some other event - was the NAQCC Monthly Sprint last night? That could have been it.

In any event, I noticed that in the log that Tom posted to the qfox e-mail reflector, that he did not work much of anyone on the East Coast, with the exception of one station in GA, VA and FL. The NorthEast was a vast wasteland, Feeling like that must be the case,  I packed it in early around 0300 UTC and went to bed. The added fact that it was only 59F down in the basement helped make that decision an easy one.

Holy Moly! I just noticed we're at the last day of January! 2024 is already speeding by, or so it feels like it!

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

No comments:

Post a Comment