Friday, May 19, 2006

Just like Dayton!

Today, the weather here in Central NJ is just like what I used to during Hamvention. It's sunny one minute; and pouring rain the next. Put out a few folding tables with used computer parts on them and I'll feel like I'm really there!

I went out to the car at lunchtime (one of the "nicer" weather moments of the day) and got on 20 Meters. No contacts made today. I heard a few signals; but it seemed everyone was already engaged in a QSO. I answered the one lone CQ that I heard coming from a VA3 station on the FISTS frequency. Each time, my answer was another CQ; so I guess I wasn't being heard.

After lunch, I got an e-mail from my friend Brian KB9BVN in Indiana. He heard me calling CQ; but I was only a 229 - ESP levels. It's odd how one day conditions can be so good and the next day you find yourself in the middle of the skunk farm!

Within an hour of being back inside after lunch, the sky turned dark gray, there was thunder, lightning and hail. I'm glad I got the antenna down and everything stowed away in time!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment