Wednesday, May 03, 2006

What a Day!

Today's my birthday; and unfortunately, to say that it has been a trying day at work is an understatement, to say the least. It's been a real bear of a day; and I think the bear is winning!

A QRP session at lunchtime was just what the doctor ordered; and today it was like a soothing tonic. I put out a CQ after I got everything set up; and I immediately got a call from Tony, W7GO. Tony is located in Las Vegas, NV. Nevada !!!!!!!! One of the last two states I need to complete Worked All States (QRP/CW). Wow! That was so cool! Tony was using his K2 at 5 Watts and informed me that I was his first New Jersey QRP contact. We helped each other; and I guess that's what Ham Radio is all about, after all.

Right after my QSO with Tony, I was called by Tom W4WXA in Warner Robins, GA. I've worked Tom before on 80 Meters; but Tom is trying to get his 20 Meter endorsement for his SKCC Century Award, so we had a short one. Tom had a great signal; but the path between GA and NJ was fraught with QSB. Tom's signal was roller-coastering between 599 + to about 449; but we "got 'er done".

Tom and Tony - a million thanks! You both helped to make a pretty crummy day a whole lot better!

73 de Larry W2LJ

No comments:

Post a Comment