Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2010

Memorial Day - the traditional kick off to Summer here in the USA. A weekend full of outdoors, barbecues, picnics, family, friends and traveling. All of these wonderful things, a result of the freedom we enjoy. Freedom bought and paid for with the lives of those brave men and women who have made the Ultimate Sacrifice to keep our nation free.

Enjoy your weekend! But please, keep those men and women in your thoughts and prayers.




72 de Larry W2LJ

2 comments:

  1. Hi LArry,
    Thank you for putting up the video for Memorial day.
    So many people forgot.
    I had 18 months in NAM.
    And no one ever said that all those jolts,and so called minor injuries would hurt like hell when we got older.
    Many of us went in on our own and we took the oath and I went for my AIT,then Jungle warfare training.
    I evened up the score for my uncle STAN who died and no one but me ever goes to his site but me.
    We wrote out a blank check for our Country for any amount up to including the value of our lives.
    Those of us who made it back still suffer in many different ways but it seems no one cares

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob,

    Thank you for your service! I sure as hell care. Saturday afternoon, some Nam vets were selling poppies in front of the local A&P. I gave a donation, shook each one of their hands and thanked them for their service. I thought they were going to break down and cry.

    Never forget!

    72 de Larry W2LJ

    ReplyDelete