Friday, November 05, 2010

Cool!

I was picking my kids up from school the other day, when I ran into one of the other student's fathers in the parking lot, who happened to be a Ham also.  He saw the callsign plates on the Ford Explorer and took the opportunity to shake my hand and introduce himself.

"W2LJ, you're into QRP and CW, right?" he asked.

Hmmmmmm ..... I guess he is either a reader or he saw my car before with the little QRP sticker on the back.  Anyway, we chatted for a bit and it turns out that he's "a Believer" too!  He has a regular QRO rig; but also a Ten Tec Argonaut for QRPing and a set of Begali paddles.

Begalis ....... WOW!

Those are yet another thing to add to the lottery winning list, along with the K3, new laptop and all the other little things I would love to have but can't afford.  As a matter of fact, I went to the Begali website just today and was drooling over the Simplex Mono single lever paddle.  You know, the price doesn't seem too bad until you convert those Euros into US Dollars.  Talk about sticker shock!

Beautiful, isn't it?  Courtesy of the Begali Website.

Something else to dream about these coming Winter nights.

Hey - US Hams ...... don't forget that we "fall back" and turn our clocks back an hour this weekend.

72 de W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Larry, I too have a Bengali Key....did not win the lottery but took the plunge anyway. I will say that I just purchased the Palm paddle and am very very surprised how smooth it is. Very well made and goes great with my KX1.

    ReplyDelete